Allow The Wyness Shuffle to ease you through the pain of the post-Christmas lockdown with this bumper Yuletide episode. Alongside the usual reviews of recent matches and previews of games in a busy festive period, we find out who is the brains of the ICT dressing room, hear from an Alloa supporter on Saturday’s game, go behind the scenes at TCS once more, add to our Nightmare XI, empty Santa’s sack and drop an exclusive Christmas cover version. And if this isn’t enough, there’s another opportunity to win a fantastic ICT-related prize, and a few familiar names drop by to send their Christmas wishes. Get shuffling!
01.33 Riley and AY name their Highland Highlights from the last three weeks; Grinch MacKenzie abstains.
02.46 We try to find some positives from 2020.
06.52 Game by Game: a review of the matches against Queen of the South, Dundee and Alloa.
22.24 Morton Away: Ross time-travels to Boxing Day to report on a game that hasn’t happened yet.
23.43 A View from the Opposition Terrace: Moff chats to Alloa supporter Kieran Mooney about Saturday’s game, Peter Grant, the Alloa squad and Jim Goodwin’s little pitches.
32.48 The Inaugural Wyness Shuffle Christmas Quiz: host Stevie Riley channels his inner Bruce Forsyth as contestants Scott Allardice, Robbie Deas and Wallace Duffy compete for the coveted Wyness Shuffle mug.
44.57 Christmas pun-off: in which ICT players past and present provide the inspiration for a host of horrendous festive puns.
47.03 League Lookahead: we preview the upcoming games against Morton, Dunfermline, Arbroath, Queen of the South, Raith Rovers and Alloa.
56.00 Ceefax and Bamboozle: an unscheduled detour into the past.
57.46 Behind the Scenes at ICT: Riley chats to Caley Thistle Commercial Manager Keith Haggart.
1.03.12 The 500k grant: we discuss the Scottish Government’s recently-announced grant scheme to support Scottish football clubs through the Covid crisis.
1.07.02 Some quickfire predictions about the outcomes of the 2020-21 season.
1.10.17 Nightmare XI: we throw another dud on the fire.
1.14.22 With Suv stuck halfway down a chimney in Inverness, the authentically white-bearded Riley takes the reins of the sleigh and pulls your questions from his sack.
1.21.25 Riley’s Christmas Card List: it’s not very long.
1.22.36 Competition time: your chance to win another unique piece of ICT memorabilia.
1.24.13 The big closing number: Do They Know It’s Christmas as you’ve never heard it before.
The Shuffle is back… with Roddy MacGregor, Charlie Christie, the 300, views from Dundee, all the autumn action analysis, Initiation Songs, the Nightmare XI plus a look forward to December’s Xmas crackers.
01.20 Disease & Vaccine
The boys kick off by topically picking if X is the disease, what is the vaccine?
04.21 Charlie Christie
Charlie sits down to discuss the season so far plus a certain recent Scotland game.
20.32 Game by Game
All the action from the matches against Arbroath, Hearts, East Fife and Raith.
33.47 The 300
We talk to two of the lucky ICT fans who were at the home game v Raith.
41.20 Initiation Songs
Just what songs have various players sung over the years?
43.54 Gary Cocker
Host of Dundee FC podcast Walking Down the Provie Road, and sometime Terrace TV contributor, Gary Cocker runs us through the Dark Blues dismal season to date.
54.53 League Lookahead
We preview the matches against Queens, Dundee and Alloa.
1.03.53 Roddy MacGregor
Young Superstar Roddy pops by for a chat about the season.
1.16.44 Nightmare XI
Another shocking footballer is added to the hallowed ranks.
1.20.38 Outro and the TWS mug!
We have merchandise!
The new season has kicked off and The Wyness Shuffle returns to run the rule over the results so far, discuss our chances in the games ahead, provide an early verdict on the matchday streaming experience, induct another unfortunate soul into the ICT Nightmare XI, answer questions from supporters and there's the small matter of who was won Sean Welsh's shirt...
- We pick out our Highland Highlight’s of the season so far (1:45)
- The pod picks over the bones of the recent games against Hearts and Cowdenbeath in the League Cup as well as our opening league matches against Dunfermline and Ayr (3:50)
- The Digital Elephant in the Room – match day streaming and thoughts on the experience so far (18:30)
- A View from the Opposition Terrace – Moff dials up Ayr fan and Ayrshire Post reporter Stuart Wilson to get his views on the draw with The Honest Men (24:59)
- We try to look into the future and predict what might happen in our forthcoming league games against Arbroath and Hearts before the League Cup restarts and we face Raith Rovers and East Fife (36:48)
- Get to know one of the new faces in the ICT squad as Wallace Duffy chats with Riley who continues grafting for freebies (49:45)
- Nightmare XI is back for Hallowe’en but who is next in line for a place in the side? (59:50)
- We received some great questions on Twitter this week. We do our best to answer them with the return of mailbag (1:04:12)
Riley and Suv chat to summer signing Robbie Deas about his move to Caley Thistle, his preparations for the new season and whether he has had a chance to sample the delights of a dream ring from Harry Gow. We also hear more from Robbie on his time at Celtic, Cowdenbeath and Alloa as well as an uncle who used to battle with ICT on a regular basis in years gone by.
Are you missing the football? Hopefully this new pod will help you out featuring interviews with the ICT CEO Scot Gardiner, new signing Robbie Deas, Jack Davis the ICT kitman and input from opposition fans of Hearts and Raith Rovers ahead of the new season. Enjoy!
- Review of the main talking points from the 2019/20 season (02:54)
- Our strongest starting XI for Season 2020/21 (07:50)
- ICT CEO Scot Gardiner gives us an update from Stadium Road (13:50)
- Interview with new signing Robbie Deas (33:00)
- We compare the new faces against the ones they've replaced (48:20)
- Hearts supporter Joel Sked, from The Terrace, joins to talk about the Jambos (56:20)
- Team by Team preview of the Scottish Championship (1:07:18)
- Raith Rovers are the other new side in the League. Scott Cargill tells us more about them (1:18:13)
- ICT kitman Jack Davis tells us about his time at the club (1:27:31)
- Our predictions for the season (1:42:13)
In a change-up for our Best XI series, we chat to current ICT superstar, James Keatings. The ICT number 7 talks Stevie Riley through his career to date, from the youth team at Celtic via Hibs, Hearts and Hamilton to Inverness, delivering ice-creams in lockdown, telling tales of Danny McGrain, Paul Slane and a chicken, and picking the best players he's ever played with.
Barry Wilson and the Shufflers go Back to the Future as they muse on the fall-out from the longest summer: arrivals, departures, tactics, leadership, youth and Devine Justice.
05:20 Barry reflects on a summer of shenanigans in Scottish football and the podders consider ramifications and retribution
10:15 Barry on returning to work, health and well-being and will we be ready for the new season?
20:10 New signings: Deas, Devine, Allardice and our own Shane
36:43 Devine Justice
41:50 Young Boys: Harper, MacGregor, McKay
45:25 Signing suggestions: Realistic, ridiculous and ex-ICT
53:17 The Departed: Barry reflects on the players who've gone and we take a look at how they've been doing
01:05:00 Leadership: Do we have enough leaders and who will be captain?
01:11:36 It's your kids Marty! Barry talks about the youth system
01:21:28 New Season: Can we? And who will be our most important players?
01:38:40 Highland Heroes: Looking back on the pods we've done over lockdown - The Christies, Polly, Best XIs, Yogi, Morrison and Gardiner.